Sunday, April 20, 2014



2014-04-17 Mr Karpal Singh, a true son of Malaysia

By Lintang Bob Yong

The sudden and unexpected demise of Karpal Singh on April 17, 2014 brought shock and sadness to the whole nation and globally.
I admire him as a great political warrior and a gentleman. This prompted me to write this tribute on my blog.

I have not met Karpal Singh in person but had heard and read a lot about him. Like all Malaysians, I am touched by his love, service and dedications to our nation and to the people of all faiths and races. I feel a personal loss on his death and believe many Malaysians are feeling the same way as I do.

In the spirit of 1 Malaysia, the late Karpal Singh said in 2012.
“As long as I live, I will continue to struggle to see non-Malay become Prime Minister.”
Now that he is gone. I hope his political far-sightedness had created impact and inspiration to all Malaysians. His dream, I hope will live and pass on to each and every Malaysian.

Karpal was popularly known as The Tiger of Jelutong. Though The Tiger was no longer with us, his roar will echo louder in our hearts and he shall be remembered by us always.
Malaysia has lost a great son. Words cannot express our grief.
I salute you SIR. May your soul rest in peace!
My thoughts and prayers are for the family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment