Friday, January 30, 2009

As I was saying............

By Bob Yong
15th March 2008

It has been a long time that I heard a commendable remark from a politician, Dr. Lim Keng Yaik advocating his strong advice to BN which suffered a humiliation at the March 8 General Election. The Star’s report on 11th March 2008 refers. He opined that giving silly excuses and shirking responsibilities after losing the contested seats reflects the immaturity of the sore losers. Dr. Lim’s suggestion to those who lost in the contest to “shut up and carry on”, meaning to do the walk rather than the talk.
Whether it is in politics or organizations, being self-centered and arrogance are not only the biggest enemy in one’s live; it is also a destructive force that can bring down an empire. Support from the grass-roots or down-lines must never be overlooked. Without them one may not be where they are now. Failing to live up to the inspiration of the masses, politicians will lead themselves to a path of no return. The results of the recent General Election saw the fall of many heavy weights.
As a true Malaysian, who was borne, grew up, educated, worked and most probably dies here, I am not a supporter of any political party or any particular person. But I believe in good deeds they do, or have done. A man with full of words is likened a garden full of weeds. He does not deserve respects and admiration.
Equal opportunities to all Malaysians should be the slogan adopted by all parties. Opposition parties, which gained in road in our hearts should bear in mind that Malaysians will let them know in the next general election whether or not they have kept their promises.
I am a Malaysia and shall always be one. In my eyes, all Malaysians are of one people. There is no other place than Malaysia for me. This is my home where I shall lay my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment