Thursday, June 11, 2015



2015-06-10 Passport Renewal
Lintang Bob Yong
Yesterday, my wife and I went to Jabatan Imigresen at Kelena Jaya to renew our passports. We reached the passport office at approximately 10.00 AM and saw there were already a big crowd of about 200 people waiting to be served. Then I realized we were in a school holidays period. We went straight to the counter and told the personnel that we were senior citizens. We were given 2 numbers and told to wait at counter 3 and 4 for our turns.
Shortly afterwards, my number was called. After the necessary documentations, I was required to have my photo taken right at the serving counter. There was a special machine connecting to the computer next to my seat and the photo was taken right there. Next, I paid a sum of RM 100 (a reduced rate for senior citizen) for a 5-year passport at the next counter and was told to come back and collect my new passport at an hour’s time. I collected my passport at 1.00 PM after lunch at the same complex. The total time taken for the whole process (including lunch time) was just short of 3 hours which I considered to be quick and efficient.
My wife got her passport too and we went home happy that we did not have to wait a day to do this.








No comments:

Post a Comment