Sunday, June 14, 2015



2015-06-12 I Am A Stranger In My Own City
By Lintang Bob Yong

As I need to tidy up some of my financial arrangements, I made a trip alone to Hong Leong Bank with the help of a GPS. HLB is situated at No. 288, Ground Floor of Menera Raja Luat (formerly known as Menara Eon Bank).
During these ten years of my retirement, I seldom venture out to other parts of KL City, other than those places I used to frequent. I must say today I found myself like a stranger in KL City where I once worked. The KL landmarks have changed beyond recognition and it would not be easy to locate places without assistance. The change of the traffic flows added to more confusion to driver like me. Besides the every day’s affair of traffic jams, the hassle of finding a parking lot will increase the stress in me. Fortunately, there were ample parking lots in this building and I had no problem of getting one easily.
I was happy to receive good service and assistance from the staff of HLB and within 20 minutes the matter was done.
Before getting to my car, I wanted to walk around the vicinity, but the rain came and stopped me from doing so. I parked my car at the 5th floor of the building. After exiting from the parking lot, I realized I drove along an unfamiliar road but was lucky that my GPS came to my rescue and lead me home safely.
Now I understand why so many senior citizens need help to get home.




No comments:

Post a Comment